A search for “Online Job” is probably the most Googled keyword on the internet and why is that? Because everyone wants to be own their boss. They want the luxury of working for themselves and the benefits that go with it.
How many articles do you come across about making money online? Literally thousands. But the problem is the majority of them are just sales pitches to get you to sign up for some get rich quick scheme, make hundreds of $$ overnight, or some other way to become an online millionaire. They just do not happen.
Most of us love the idea of earning extra income or give up our full-time jobs altogether and establish a work from home lifestyle.
Although the majority of work from home websites are thought to be scams, ( a ratio of 61:1) there are plenty of legitimate and reliable ways to make money online and by working from home. The problem is separating the good from the bad and the ugly.
The real truth is that the real ways to make money online aren’t “get rich quick” schemes.
To make a living online requires a lot of hard work and a lot of dedication before seeing a return on your investment ie: your time. But if you really want to make money online and work from home, turn that passion you have into a profitable business, you can do it.
There are many legitimate ways to make money online but you have to treat them as real jobs, that really do need you to put in the hours if you want to earn a living. They also require real work. Here are some tips you need to consider:
- Treat it like an offline Job. Ok so working from home has great benefits, but it can also be your downfall if you do not take it seriously. If you are working from home, then work. Don’t play at the game. Give your total concentration of the task in hand. Yes, can do the work in your PJ’s, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a “real job”. You must treat it as such or you may just as well go back to your 9-5 because you will not make a living.
- Be professional. If you are applying for any work from home job and submitting a CV, make it professional. Google a CV template if you are not quite upto the task. Don’t forget you are applying for a job just as you would in the offline world, so you need to make a good impression and companies need to know that they are dealing with a prospective candidate that is intellectually correct.
- Don’t overdo your application. Too much information can have an adverse effect. Stuffing your application with too many examples can be confusing and look scruffy, just give them enough samples to get the idea of what you are about. Any background information should be kept to a minimum, they are not interested in your life story.
- Check and Double-check. Before you hit that send button just go over your application 2/3 times to make sure everything you send is proper and correct. Double check your grammar and spelling, using a good spell check is always a good idea at this point!
So Let’s Get In To Ways To Earn Money From The Internet
Probably the easiest but less lucrative way to earn a little extra cash. There are many websites that will pay you for various things, such as taking surveys, shopping, or testing products.
Research companies are forever recruiting new members to answer surveys and test new products.
For a few minutes of form filling, you can make upto £3($5) for some surveys which is paid as cash or rewards.
A few good ones to try are, Toluna, Vivatic, OnePoll, MySurvey, SurveyBods, Valued Opinions,
Also Swagbucks is worth a try they reward you for surveys as well as simply surfing the web, watching videos and playing games.
Freelance writing is probably one of the most popular and sought out ways to earn money online.
But it isnt just about putting pen to paper, or in this case typing words on a spreadsheet.
You don’t have to be a William Shakespeare or J K Rowling because you are not writing plays or writing novels, you are in most cases getting messages across to prospective customers for clients or writing an article on a given subject.
So what you have to be able to do is write face to face. As if you are sitting down over a cup of coffee explaining to the interested party what you are trying to get across. The personal friendly approach. Companies you write for aren’t interested in full blown epics, they just want their product to get across to potential clients in the most engaging way possible.
It takes dedication and time, though it can be highly profitable if it’s what you love doing.
There are quite a few websites that cater for freelance writers.
Some of them prefer their content in List Form others just How To’s or Travel Experiences, Reviews or Making Money articles. There are many varieties that can be written about and it really is a case of finding the website that suits your ability and the passion you enjoy writing about.
There’s no doubt that money can be made out of freelance writing, but it’s a process. Start building your portfolio and increase your writing skills, then you will start to make some very good money. If you’re not an experienced writer, there is no need to be put off, just expect to put some more time and effort in before you really start to see some results.
If you are thinking of starting an online store you already have an advantage over having bricks and mortar storefront. Firstly you have no rent to pay and secondly you the opportunity of reaching millions of customers from the screen of your laptop.
But to be successful in starting an online store, you will still have to put as much thought and effort in as you would for any other business.
A great product and user-friendly website are paramount.
Just try to sell things doesn’t work anymore. With so many choices of where to shop online now, the consumer really does have the advantage of where they choose to buy the product. Unless you can compete on price, which is going to be difficult when starting out, you need to have a broader idea than just a shop.
Consider writing high-quality blog posts on your topic or topics, by adding quality images and establishing yourself as an expert in your field.
A couple of points to consider:
- Open a PayPal account. Paypal is considered the best option for online business for paying and receiving any monies. If you don’t have a PayPal account, sign up for one now.
- Customer Service. This is essential no matter if you are selling on a small site or opening your own online store. Getting positive reviews on your site enhances the trust between you and the customer and makes a good name for yourself. Respond to questions, concerns and complaints quickly and efficiently. If there is a guarantee in place make it very obvious.
- If you are looking for ready-made software you could consider Shopify
Some Buy and Sell Sites:
- Amazon The biggest and most successful online shop on the internet.
- eBay An auction site as well as sell and buy
- Etsy Very good for hand made pieces and older items
- CraigsList is a local classifieds media with forums for jobs, housing, items for sale, personal ads, services, local community and events.
- Facebook swap shops are really good for local activities. Simply search for swap shops in your area and ask to join the group.
Obviously, my favourite as I own my own website.
Blogging isn’t easy, don’t run away with the idea that all you have to do is set up a website and you will be earning a living within a week or two. That is simply not true. Blogging requires patience, persistence and discipline.
But it is also really good fun with a great deal of satisfaction when you see the efforts put into your website come to fruition.
You could be writing every day for a year before you start to see any financial gain from it.
Obviously, there are exceptions to the rule, but for the first six months at least you need to be writing as much content as possible to gain recognition from the major search engines, building authority for your brand and subsequently getting traffic to your site.
It may be argued that you don’t need a lot of traffic to make money, that may be true in some circumstances, but a general rule of thumb is that the more traffic you accumulate the better chance you will have to succeed in a worthwhile profitable business.
Let’s Talk Making Money.
The money is in the list!
Building an email list is the foremost way to help you make a lot of money, it can help you build your brand and give you every chance of bringing readers back to your site, so increasing your traffic.
The easiest way to build an email list is by using popups, that invite your reader to subscribe to your email list to receive the latest information on your subject or even to receive a free offer like maybe an ebook that you have written.
As your list begins to grow it is a very good idea to incorporate an autoresponder into your site to handle the sending and receiving of emails. There are many good and reliable companies that handle this activity for you, including:
Sell Advertising Space
The easiest way to get some pennies coming in is placing adverts on your website. The most common way is to use Google Adsense, which is a PPC(paid per click) form of advertising where Google place adverts in most cases, pertaining to your niche and when a reader clicks on the ad you get paid. It certainly won’t build your bank balance up but with a decent amount of traffic visiting your site can become a regular source of passive income.
Review Products as an Affiliate
Reviews make for very good traffic grabbers. Because buyers aren’t physically handling the product they want to know that what they are buying is up to the standard they are expecting. It makes for great content and if the product you are reviewing has an affiliate program, the obvious way is to link to the item and if a sale is made you receive a commission from the selling company.
Almost anything is up for review. Although sometimes you may have to purchase the item you are writing about,( Tax Deductable) some companies may give you a free sample just to get their product reviewed .
If you fancy going down this road, try reviewing one product each month, you will be surprised how quickly your site will attract visitors and start to rank highly in the search engines.
Become an Affiliate for Your Niche
Every niche has an Affiliate Company.
To find your affiliates just type your niche into Google and add “affiliates”.
Apply to the company to become an affiliate and when accepted you can start to promote it on your website using their banners or advertising logo. The amount of commission paid out varies from company to company, but with a fair amount of traffic coming to your site there is no reason why this form of monetization can’t be quite lucrative. It can also be integrated with your email marketing giving you another source of attracting visitors back to your site.
Publish a Book
If you really like writing, there is no better way to earn a living than through writing and publishing Ebooks.
Being an authority within your niche and writing about it is also a very good media for launching your product. You become an expert in the eyes of the reader who would be looking for more publications from you.
Your ebooks don’t have to contain all and every aspect of your niche, you can write a number of volumes and publish each one separately as a series. Ideally, you would want each book to be around 10,000 words.
So there you have it. a few different options to be able to make a living online.
To make a full-time living on the internet takes time and dedication. Be patient and explore every opportunity.